Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm always reminded of you

You'll never read this, but if you do, I hope you realize I'm talking about you. You and I used to drink every night, but no matter what happened, you were there for me. A good friend, going to lunch every day, talking. I love you, dude. That real down to earth love you have for your friends, when they were there for you, and no one else was. I drive by your house daily, and sometimes, I wonder if things will ever be the same. I don't drink anymore, and I know you're proud of me. I feel like just messaging you on myspace some days, to see if you wanna talk. You're always busy, which I can't stand. One day, I'll never forget, is going to the McKenzie River, and jumping out of the raft with you, and floating through the rapids. No one else wanted to do it with us, and I felt safe doing it with you. None of that may seem like much to you, but it meant a lot to me. Another night, I'll never forget, is driving through the farm, when we were drunk. Tearing up the crops, flipping the car, and getting chased by the farmer. I almost jumped out of the car that night, and I would have killed myself. But you kept driving and held onto me, and told me not to jump out. You've endangered my life, but saved it, so many times. I miss you, I won't stop thinking about you when I drive by your house. My friends can't stand it, because when I do drive by, I start thinking about everything, and stop talking. I become dead silent, alone in my own thoughts.

No comments: